Jumat, 20 Januari 2012

Pandan and Coconut Lamingtons

Delicious Delicious Delicious is one of my favourite blogs in my reading list ^^

I read about it when Mr. P, the owner of the blog, held the event of Re-Inventing Lamingtons in 2011. And I saw maaaany many pretty lamingtons :D so fun to read about it... and my personal favourite is the St. Clements Lamingtons I mean... who doesn't love that Kewpie >.<

This January he announced the 2012 Re Inventing Lamingtons already and this year I hope I can contribute ^^. I made this cake to join the Re-Inventing the Lamington 2012 :)

snowy white :D

This is my first lamington. Ever.
I've never dealt with any dessicated coconuts before xD
It's pandan cake, but I didn't use real pandan leaves juice, I used pandan paste.
The base cake isn't baked but steamed, so it will be softer and moist.
For filling I use grated coconut (I grated it myself in the morning :D) with sugar and also pandan leaf (this time the real leaf :D) ^^



Here is the recipe :

Pandan and Coconut Lamingtons


A
* 8 whole eggs
* 3 egg yolks
* 200 grams sugar
* 1 tbs cake emulsifier
* 1/4 tsp salt
* 200 grams all purpose flour
* 25 grams maizena
* 15 grams full cream milk powder
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 150 gram butter, melted
* 1 tbs pandan paste

B

* 1 coconut, grated (choose one that isn't too tender)
* 100 gr castor sugar
* 100 ml water
* 2 pandan leaves
* a pinch of salt



C


* white chocolate, melted
* dessicated coconut
 
1. Heat the steamer

2. Whip the eggs, sugar, emulsifier and salt with low speed until it's foamy and increase the speed until it reaches the soft peak and has pale colour. Add flour, maizena, milk powder and baking powder, slowly sifted, and folding it until it's well mixed. After that, pour the melted butter and mix it again.

3. Pour the batter into 22-24 cm square baking pan (I used 2 smaller baking pans an few cupcake tins)

4. Steam it until it's done (do a toothpick test) for about 30-40 minutes (depends on your steamer). Let it cool.

5. Make filling. Put all B ingredients and cook it on medium heat until it's done and the grated coconut look shiny :)

6. Half the cake. Spread the filling on it. Top it with the half cake. Cut it to your liking :D

7. Pour the melted white chocolates on cakes, then cover with dessicated coconut. Let them harden. Put some raisins on top of the cakes so it won't be too bland in a photo xD

8. Enjoy :D


  
Forgive my messy English xD

1 komentar:

  1. MY ABSOLUTE FAVE! I was going to do a pandan one myself. Thanks so much for baking along. :)

    BalasHapus